created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Tugel process

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Adam, you can try heating the lid with a blowtorch before unscrewing it. Heating the metal cap will expand the metal and make it come lose.
I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

Male
Number of posts: 72
Registration date: 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi Zosimo!

the entire thing is all black-iron pipe.

Adam

Zosimo wrote:
Is your ex-apparatus made of...?
Steel? Brass? ,,,Copper?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm

THANKS!! I will give 'er a try! Very Happy

jairo wrote:
Adam, you can try heating the lid with a blowtorch before unscrewing it. Heating the metal cap will expand the metal and make it come lose.
I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zosimo

Male
Number of posts: 374
Registration date: 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 am

Dear Adam
remember as an ultima ratio the possibility to cut the stuff with laser for a little price. They'll ask you probably less than 5 €.

Have you perform the same Tugel - Moses path?
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:01 am

Yes true but I will just start over with a clay-made vessel, well luted, or probably try first with two stainless steel saucecups well luted! I can use clay and egg whites to lute them, or just clay which is easy to break apart.

Havnt tried the Tugel - Moses path, The one I was trying was heating ordinary salt and sulfur together to make a red sulfur which dissolves in water, supposidly you can get some gold from the process when you reduce it with lead oxide, and I can buy that at the clay shop.

Adam

Zosimo wrote:
Dear Adam
remember as an ultima ratio the possibility to cut the stuff with laser for a little price. They'll ask you probably less than 5 €.

Have you perform the same Tugel - Moses path?
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 am

Well, Adam, you think that earthware terracotta crucible can resist to the red-heat of our processes?
If it's the case we can design an egg-crucible with a sort of teeth in the edge of the locking (at the middle of the egg Θ) just to keep lutum and cement.
For me to work with one or two crucibles is the same...

Seems that you have a good collection of paths: let's have a summit about it.
Look for bonenove.

And. What you think about the matter of the "oil of tartar" I ask in the blue turkese topic?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts: 600
Registration date: 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:15 am

Quote :
Havnt tried the Tugel - Moses path, The one I was trying was heating ordinary salt and sulfur together to make a red sulfur which dissolves in water, supposidly you can get some gold from the process when you reduce it with lead oxide, and I can buy that at the clay shop.

That sounds like a process similar to the nonsense Anthony (aka Taylor Haden, GrandMasterHaden12@yahoo.com) was selling, and no it does not work. You can't get gold from salt because there is no monatomiic gold in salt, so burning the salt with sulfur won't convert the monatomiic gold to normal gold, nor will reducing it with lead oxide, because there isn't even such a thing as monatomiic metals in nature. They don't exist. David Hudson made the whole thing up.

The government isn't involved in some giant conspiracy to hide monatomiic metals from the public. Their is simply no way the government could ever stop all the scientists in the world from discovering monatomiic elements on their own. And if this strange form of matter really existed, scientists all over the world would be discovering it every single day when they work with single atoms of metal to make nano-technology.

Breaking down the bonds of metal so only one atom remains obviously does NOT make it magically become a monatomiic supperconductor because that state of matter does NOT exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alchemy-illuminated.com
delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 am

Re Nick,

I wasn't implying anything about monotomics actually.
This was taken from a book I ordered called "Compendium of Alchemical Processes", it has alot of interesting processes in it.
Also I did produce a "red sulfur" which the alchemist claims and also a minuscule bit of gold from the process.
the alchemist who wrote the process claimed it comes from the sulfur and not the salt.

I do not endorse ANY OF Taylor Hadens works (the guy ripped me off!), or David Hudsons or any of that stuff.

I don't want to get into any kind of debate with you on this Nick and I did not intend on shifting this forum topic to another process, so I am dropping the discussion but I would certainly enjoy hearing more about the alchemical processes which I'm sure people are intent on working with here on the forum. and I am glad to be of assistance here with what I can help you guys with Smile
Peace, Love, Light!

Adam

Last edited by delphinny on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:34 am

Yes possibly, I havn't tried it yet so I cant really say for sure, I would love to experiment though, but I don't have any experience in making clay vessels unfortunately.. though I could surely read up on it! I think its good to have multiple talents, that way you save $ where it counts later.

Not sure about oil of tartar, but it looks like your doing some good work, keep up the good work I cant wait to see results! Smile

and back to the topic of the Tugel process...

also Zosimo, I read there was some info on making lutes in "Chemical Technology 1872" that Lindsay publications publishes...
Adam

Zosimo wrote:
Well, Adam, you think that earthware terracotta crucible can resist to the red-heat of our processes?
If it's the case we can design an egg-crucible with a sort of teeth in the edge of the locking (at the middle of the egg Θ) just to keep lutum and cement.
For me to work with one or two crucibles is the same...

Seems that you have a good collection of paths: let's have a summit about it.
Look for bonenove.

And. What you think about the matter of the "oil of tartar" I ask in the blue turkese topic?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spagyricus

Male
Number of posts: 34
Registration date: 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey Guys,

I made a small black iron crucible from pipe fitting 1/2" nipple with two 1/2" caps filled it with a half and half mixture of 24ct. gold filings and crushed native cinnabar. I add refactory cement (mixture of powdered silica and clay)to the threads and then added more around the joint edges. I then suspended the crucible with stainless steel wire above a large propane burner in the middle of the flame. I cooked this for five hours the crucible was red hot. When I opened it there was a black residue with a small amount of gold.

Nick, is this the way it should look? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:09 am

OH MY GOD YOU DID IT! I TOTALLY forgot that you don't have to heat the whole crucible, you only have to heat the bottom of the crucible! GREAT!
What kind of burner did you use? I plan on using my propane torch,
What brand of refactory cement did you buy? I would like to get some similar to yours.
Was it easy to open?

Adam

spagyricus wrote:
Hey Guys,

I made a small black iron crucible from pipe fitting 1/2" nipple with two 1/2" caps filled it with a half and half mixture of 24ct. gold filings and crushed native cinnabar. I add refactory cement (mixture of powdered silica and clay)to the threads and then added more around the joint edges. I then suspended the crucible with stainless steel wire above a large propane burner in the middle of the flame. I cooked this for five hours the crucible was red hot. When I opened it there was a black residue with a small amount of gold.

Nick, is this the way it should look? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spagyricus

Male
Number of posts: 34
Registration date: 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am

I used a turkey fryer burner place a stove pipe on it and suspended the crucible in the flame. The whole crucible was red hot during the burn. I got sand and powdered it in a morter and mixed it with firing clay to make a refactory cement. I'm not sure if the result is correct, the first time I did it the cinnabar fused into a grey shiney mass, this time it was more granular and black. Still all the gold was not consumed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Dear Adam, In the same way you can't wait for mews anout cream of tartar etc,, I can't wait for news about Tugel-Moses path (T&Mp) from you all.
Now I got all the stuff to start, but I know you can do better than this Laughing ...
So, hurry up! The Great Piooner, that's me, this time will wait a little for your "dry" news between his boiling (or smoking) waterworks etc...
Blessings and good thoughts silent .

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 am

Dear Spagyricus, can i see a photo about your turkey fryer?

how many KGcal develop?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tugel process   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 am

Actually the wild turkey hunter it's not Adam, but Spagyricus...

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tugel process

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy ::  :: -